AHA BLS Instructor Renewal
The BLS Instructor Renewal Course is designed to assist American Heart Association (AHA) BLS instructors maintain current instructor status.
Prerequisites for BLS Instructor Renewal Course
- A CURRENT AHA BLS Instructor Card
- Attend updates as required within the previous 2 years.
- Be monitored while teaching before instructor status expiration. The first monitoring after the initial instructor course does not satisfy this requirement. You must provide your completed Instructor Monitoring Form with registration.
- Teach 4 classes in your 2 year certification period to complete your renewal. Earn 4 credits by doing any combination of the following:
- Teach a minimum of 4 classroom provider courses in 2 years for the discipline the instructor is renewing
- Conduct skills practice and testing sessions for e-Learning courses.
- Each day of skills practice and testing sessions counts as 1 of the required 4 courses; all 4 credits can be earned this way.
During Class Students must:
- Successfully demonstrate all provider skills
- Successfully complete the provider written examination
- Successfully complete the instructor written examination
- Successfully evaluate other students during class
Course Fee: $160
This class is NON-REFUNDABLE if cancelled within 10 days of scheduled class. A $25 rescheduling fee will be assessed should you cancel within 24 hours of the class.
Students are expected to arrive at least 5-10 minutes early for class. Late arrivals, students arriving after 10:05 a.m., will not be allowed into class, will be required to reschedule and pay for the class again. Please be respectful of the instructor and other students and be punctual.
Respond Right EMS Academy reserves the right to cancel any course if enrollment does not meet minimum registration requirements.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
If these dates do not meet your needs, or you need to arrange a special class date please contact us. We are able to schedule a personalized class for a group of 6 or more of your group.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Respond Right EMS Academy will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for physically challenged attendees who require special services. Please attach a written description of needs to the application when registering for the course.
2018 Class Schedule
All renewal classes times are from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Please plan on arriving 5-10 minutes early. Class will start promptly at 10.a.m and the doors will be locked at 10:05 a.m. Please refer to the Respond Right Training Center Cancellation Policy on your email confirmation. If you have any questions, please call us at 636-387-6200 or fill out this form.