Admission Dates and Application
Program Requirements and Prerequisites
Tuition / How to Pay for your Education
Paramedic Job Requirements and Job Outlook
Meet Our Faculty
Frequently Asked Questions
The Respond Right EMS Academy / St. Charles Community College Consortium is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
For more information about these accrediting agencies:
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
8301 Lakeview Parkway Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
Respond Right EMS Academy has received Training Entity Accreditation through the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Bureau of Emergency Medical Services.
St. Charles Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, telephone: 800-621-7440; fax: 312-263-7462; website: www.ncacihe.org.
The North Central accreditation, along with transfer agreements with four-year colleges and universities, assures the value of credits earned at SCC.
Courses taken for credit at SCC will be accepted in transfer by other colleges, provided they are appropriate to the degree sought.
Students will receive a Certificate of Completion through Respond Right EMS Academy upon completion of the Paramedic program.
Admissions and Application
Next start date:
DAY CLASS – March 21, 2018
- Applications are due no later than Feb 28, 2018.
- No applications will be accepted past this deadline.
- If you do not already have A&P, then you need to apply for A&P and Paramedic
- Day 1 is Orientation and is mandatory for attendance.
- Missing day 1 will count as an absence.
- Some weekend days will be required for specialty classes.
- Some evening classes will be required for specialty classes.
- Class meets from 8 am – 4:30 pm
- End date for this class* – April 2019
* End Date – End date could vary per student depending on the progress of completion of clinical and field internships.
The EMS courses at Respond Right EMS Academy have additional admission requirements due to the physical demands and nature of the job requirements. Every student is encouraged to apply, however they are encouraged to review the job requirements and physical demands before applying. Not all applicants will be accepted into the program based on meeting the admission requirements.
The additional admission requirements include:
- Entrance exam
- Prerequisite courses
- Criminal background checks
- Physical exams and release from physician
- Minimum age
- U.S. Citizen
- Drug test
Respond Right EMS Academy offers equal access and opportunities in employment, admissions and educational services. RREMSA will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation or disability status in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. Complete policies on Americans with Disabilities, discrimination and harassment can be found in the Program Manual. If you have a question or concern, please contact Donna Weiss at 636-387-6200.
These admission requirements may change and students are encouraged to consult with administration when they apply to confirm the current requirements.
Program applications must be submitted by the close of business on the 15th day before the first day of class. After the application is reviewed, students will be emailed to notify them of their acceptance into A&P and the Paramedic course. Students will be required to sign the acceptance letter to accept their position in the class.
After review of applications, students will be emailed to notify them of their acceptance or denial into the program. If the student is accepted into the program, they will be required to sign the acceptance letter and pay for registration within 48 hours. If they are unable to accept their position in the program, the next applicant on the list will be offered their position. Positions will not be held under any circumstances. Students will only have 48 hours to accept or deny their seat in the class. Upon acceptance into the class, the student will be required to complete the remaining items for admissions.
Instructions & Timeline – Application Submission
Students must submit the following documentation with the application.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED unless all materials are included.
At least 15 Days Before A&P Starts:
- Submit your Program application for A&P and Paramedic.
- $555 non-refundable application fee must be turned in with your application.
- The application fee covers your application fees to A&P and the Paramedic course.
- Your application must include the following:
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One of the letters must be from a medical professional. Either a nurse, firefighter, paramedic or physician.
- Copy of driver’s license, birth certificate or state ID to verify age.
- Copy of social security card.
- Proof of Anatomy & Physiology course (if taken outside of Respond Right EMS Academy)
- Transcript must be sent directly to our office.
- Copy of current Missouri EMT-Basic License.
- Or a copy of your application for your EMT-B License.
- Copy of criminal background check.
- Must be completed in the last 6 months.
- Only accepted from mocriminalrecords.com
- Copy of health insurance card.
- Proof of financial commitment
- Acknowledgement of the form Course Demands
- Must be signed and notarized
- Acknowledgement of the form Financial Commitment
- Must be signed and notarized
- Two letters of recommendation.
Advanced Placement / Prior Learning Experience
This program does not offer advanced placement or credit for prior learning experience.
Transfer of Credits
The Respond Right EMS Academy / St. Charles Community College Consortium will accept transfer of credits under these conditions for the Paramedic Course:
- Missouri, and/or NREMT licensed EMTs may receive credit for RREMSA’s EMT course work.
- RREMSA will review and possibly accept the transfer of anatomy and physiology courses if the student can provide the official transcript from an accredited college or university with a grade of ‘C’ or better.
RREMSA will not accept the transfer of credits from other paramedic programs, either from a CoAEMSP accredited paramedic program or a non-CoAEMSP accredited paramedic program. Students are required to complete all coursework at RREMSA for course completion.
Students with medical training, including nursing, military medical training, etc. are not be given advanced placement in the EMS Program.
Students may register for open classes any time during the scheduled registration periods. However, students should be aware that Respond Right® EMS Academy reserves the right to change the schedule, including fees and instructor assignment, and to cancel classes appearing in the schedule. Decisions to conduct or cancel courses are made based upon enrollment levels in class sections. When a course is cancelled, staff will contact students and advise them of their options.
Email email@example.com or call 636-387-6200 to apply Today! Seats are limited.