Program Requirements and Prerequisites
Program Prerequisites / Requirements:
- A valid Missouri EMT-Basic license or you have completed the Respond Right EMS Academy EMT program and have applied for your EMT license.
- Proof of Anatomy and Physiology course, or dually enrolled in A&P – Take A&P here if you need it
- Must be taken within the last 3 years
- Must be college level A & P or Human Biology
- Must have a ‘C’ or better
- Transcript must be sent directly to our office.
- Complete and pass an entrance exam
- $25 fee for the entrance exam. Must schedule the entrance exam with administration.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One of the letters must be from one of the following: a nurse, firefighter, paramedic, NP, PA or physician.
- Submit your proof of driver’s license, birth certificate or state ID to verify age.
- Submit proof of social security card.
- Submit proof of current Missouri EMT-Basic License.
- Or a copy of your application for your EMT-B License.
- Submit proof of criminal background check.
- Must be completed in the last 6 months.
- Only accepted from mocriminalrecords.com
- Submit proof of health insurance card.
- Submit documentation of a physical exam. This general physical exam needs to be performed by a MD, DO or NP within the last 12 months.
- Submit documentation of Vaccination Records. You must provide the following: MMR or Antibody Titer Test, T-Dap, Flu shot (within season), Hepatitis B and Negative PPD in the last 12 months.
- Laptop. You must bring a laptop to class every day. A computer is required for exams, quizzes, lab work and coursework. Must have the most current version of the following:
- Windows or Apple operating system. This must be the full version of the Operating System.
- Access to high speed internet for course work and communication
- Reliable transportation for travel to/from class and clinical and field internship.
- Must maintain a high degree of professionalism both in and out of the classroom.
- Must maintain a high level of hygiene and grooming.
- Must be able to pass physical exam and meet physical requirements for Paramedic licensure.
- Must be able to read and comprehend at a college level.
Textbook and Supply Requirements:
- Students are responsible for purchasing the current textbooks and additional teaching resources. (Textbooks approx $1000)
- For the most current list please contact us.
- Buy your textbooks here for a discount:
- BUY YOUR TEXTBOOKS HERE – Link will be updated when available