AHA BLS Instructor
The BLS Instructor Course is a program designed to prepare American Heart Association (AHA) instructors to disseminate the science, skills, and philosophy of resuscitation programs to participants enrolled in AHA courses. Upon successful completion of this course, Instructors will be able to instruct all AHA BLS courses: Healthcare Provider CPR, Heartsaver CPR/AED, Family & Friends CPR, CPR in Schools, First Aid, & Pediatric First Aid.
Prerequisites for BLS Instructor Course
- Current valid AHA Healthcare Provider CPR card (If you don’t have this, take your course here)
- The AHA Instructor Essentials Course completion certificate
- Completed Instructor Candidate Application
Students will be required to complete an online AHA Instructor Essentials Course prior to the start of class.
Purchase Your Materials
- AHA Instructor Essentials Course.
- You will need to go to this website: http://www.onlineaha.org/courses
- Pay, enroll, complete, and print the certificate for the AHA BLS Instructor Essentials course. Email to email@example.com when completed.
- AHA BLS Instructor Manual. Instructor candidates are responsible for acquiring their own instructor manuals and materials. The Manuals MUST be brought to class in order to be eligible to receive your AHA CPR Instructor Certification Card. (Several options for you to purchase your books from below)
- AHA Heartsaver First Aid with CPR and AED Instructor Manual. Instructor candidates are responsible for acquiring their own instructor manuals and materials. The Manuals MUST be brought to class in order to be eligible to receive your AHA CPR Instructor Certification Card. (Two options for you to purchase your books from below).
Course Fee $225
- All materials required during the Instructor Course (Instructor books and teaching DVDs are not included)
- Opportunity to complete your monitored class after completion of the Instructor Course
To Successfully Complete your Instructor Status:
Students must successfully complete the classroom portion of the course AND be monitored while teaching a CPR class before an Instructor card will be issued.
Respond Right does not charge Training Center/Site fees for Instructors to be aligned with us.
American Disabilities Act
Respond Right EMS Academy will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for physically challenged attendees who require special services. Please attach a written description of needs to the application when registering for the course.
A $25 fee will be charged for all refunds. A refund will not be available if cancellation occurs within five (5) days of the program. After registered, a transfer fee of $25 applies to any course date changes. Respond Right EMS Academy reserves the right to cancel any course if enrollment does not meet minimum registration requirements.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
If these dates do not meet your needs, or you need to arrange a special class date please contact us. We are able to schedule a personalized class for a group of 6 or more of your group.