Meet Program Director Toni Milan
Toni Milan | Co-Owner, Program Director-Paramedic Program
Toni is co-owner of Respond Right EMS Academy and has been involved in the EMS field since 1996. She obtained her EMT license in 1995 and completed the Paramedic Program in 1996. She graduated the Paramedic Program with the Internship Award and Leadership Award.
Toni began her EMS career working as an EMT-Basic at Christian Hospital EMS in 1996 and was soon promoted to Paramedic on an ALS ambulance. During her time with this busy 911 service, she worked with Donna Weiss, and they saw the need for quality trained lay rescuers and healthcare providers. Respond Right EMS Academy is the creation of Toni and Donna’s desire to provide quality emergency education to the public.
In 2001, Toni and Donna created, what was formerly know as, “Emergency Response Training”. Over the years, the company has developed into a fixture of the St. Charles community, training hundreds of first responders.
In 2003, Toni began working for Lincoln County Ambulance as a Paramedic. In 2004 and 2005 she received the ‘Paramedic of The Year Award’ from the Lincoln County Ambulance District.
Toni completed her Bachelor’s of Science degree through Northeastern University in 2010 and continues her education on a daily basis.
As co-owner of Respond Right EMS Academy, she has been awarded the following:
- Missouri Small Business & Technology Development Centers Rising Starts of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Recognition in 1996
- Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Entrepreneurial Success and Growth Potential by the Economic Development Roundtable of the EDC of St. Charles County, City of St. Peters and St. Charles County Workforce Development in 2011
- Small Business Monthly Top Young Entrepreneur in 2012
- National Business Incubator Association Finalist in 2012
Toni is currently certified and/or holds affiliations with the following:
- American Heart Association BLS instructor
- Missouri EMS Instructor
- MO Paramedic
- AHA ACLS Instructor
- AHA PALS Instructor
- PHTLS Provider
- IAFF Lifetime Retired Member
Toni is the current Paramedic Program Director and is responsible for overseeing the EMS training and program development. This includes maintaining program accreditation, curriculum development, student administration, and department budgets.