Paramedic Program Requirements & Prerequisites
Jan 23, 2023
Feb 20, 2023
Mar 1, 2023
Mar 3, 2023
Mar 27, 2023
Last day for on-time registration for the Paramedic Program
Last day to Register for A&P and the Paramedic Program
Application Packets Must be Turned in
Final Day to Register For Paramedic Program if A&P is already completed
Paramedic Program Starts
***Applying for this program is a time-sensitive process***
***You must monitor your email for important communications from us. Please add mark email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org as safe***
After registering and reserving your seat in the class, students will be contacted and given specific directions on how to complete registration items.
Students are being evaluated on their ability to follow directions. Packets will be rejected if the correct information is not supplied when submitted.
**Directions will be emailed to you on how to complete each step. You MUST follow the directions we provide you.**
Students who have NOT completed a college-level A & P or Human Biology in the last 3 years with a ‘C’ or better must complete our on-line A&P course. If you completed a college-level A & P course, you will be required to submit your transcript when applying to the Paramedic Program.
Additional Requirements For Paramedic Program
- Documentation of current Missouri EMT-B license
- Complete a Program Application
- Complete an entrance exam
- NOTE – this will not exclude you from the program.
- Complete and pass a Drug Screening and Criminal Background Check
- To be accepted into the program, prospective candidates must not have any current pending felony charges or felony convictions. No exceptions.
- Complete two recommendation forms.
- Copy of Driver’s License, you must be 18 years of age. If under 18 at the time of enrolling, please speak with the Program Director.
- Copy High School Diploma, GED, or College Transcripts
- Copy of current health insurance card.
- Documentation of health screening and vaccination requirements. Students will be provided a detailed list of immunizations and vaccines along with the physical form that must be used.
- MMR, Hep A, Hep B, negative PPD/TB, Varicella, TDap, Flu, COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Vaccine is required. All current CDC guidelines will be followed. Additional immunizations and vaccines could be required per CDC guidance.
- Documentation of a current American Heart Association BLS card
- No other BLS CPR card will be accepted.
***Students will be provided instructions on how to complete the above items ***
- Laptop or tablet with a full OS of Windows or Apple. You must bring this to class every day. A computer is required for exams, quizzes, lab work, clinical documentation, and coursework. Must have the most current version of the following:
- Windows or Apple operating system. This must be the full version of the Operating System.
- Please note: Chrome books will NOT work.
- Access to high-speed internet for course work and communication
- Reliable transportation for travel to/from class and clinical and field internship.
- Must maintain a high degree of professionalism both in and out of the classroom.
- Must maintain a high level of hygiene and grooming.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet physical requirements for Paramedic licensure.
- Must be able to read and comprehend at a college level.
Textbook and Supply Requirements:
- Students are responsible for purchasing the current textbooks and additional teaching resources. (Textbooks approx $1100)
- The current textbook list will be emailed out to the class after the application process
We can help with payment plans, loans, and scholarships. Check out our funding and scholarship page.
Give us a call to learn more about payment plans and loans.