Paramedic Program Requirements & Prerequisites
Program Pre-requisites & Requirements:
August 11, 2021 Deadline to Register for A&P
August 25, 2021 A&P Begins (Must have A&P to Apply for Paramedic Program)
September 20, 2021 Last day to Apply to the Paramedic Program
September 27, 2021 Last day to upload COMPLETED “Step 2 – Paramedic Application Packet”
October 4 – 8, 2021 Entrance Exams will be scheduled
October 11-15, 2021 Acceptance Letters will be sent out and tuition will be due upon acceptance
October 22, 2021 Paramedic Tuition must be paid in full
November 3, 2021 Paramedic Program Starts
***Applying for this program is a time-sensitive process***
***You must monitor your email for important communications from us (firstname.lastname@example.org)***
After registering and reserving your seat in the class, students will be contacted and given specific directions on how to complete the items below.
Students are being evaluated on their ability to follow directions. Packets will be rejected if the correct information is not supplied when submitted.
**Directions will be emailed to you on how to complete each step. You MUST follow the directions we provide you.**
- Anatomy and Physiology
- If you don’t have Anatomy and Physiology, you will need to enroll in the next course we are offering. Register HERE.
- To be eligible to register for the Paramedic Program, you must be co-enrolled in our A & P course or provide documentation of a completed college level A & P course
- If you have completed Human Biology or Anatomy and Physiology at the college level with a C or better in the last 3 years:
- Email your transcript to: email@example.com
- You have 5 business days to submit proof after you register for the Paramedic program. Failure to provide proof will result in your registration to be rejected.
- If you have NOT completed one of those courses in the last 3 years with a C or better, you MUST register for our A & P course here.
- Documentation of current Missouri EMT-B license
- Complete a Program Application
- After successful completion of the Program Application, you will be required to provide these additional items:
- Complete and pass an entrance exam
- Complete and pass a Drug Screening and Criminal Background Check
- To be accepted into the program, prospective candidates must not have any current pending felony charges or felony convictions. No exceptions.
- Complete two recommendation forms.
- Copy of Driver’s License, you must be 18 years of age. If under 18 at the time of enrolling, please speak with the Program Director.
- Copy High School Diploma, GED, or College Transcripts
- Copy of current health insurance card.
- Documentation of a health screening and vaccination requirements
- Documentation of a current AHA BLS card
***Failure to complete any time-sensitive step will result in your loss of placement in the program. ***
- Laptop or tablet with full OS. You must bring this to class every day. A computer is required for exams, quizzes, lab work, clinical documentation and coursework. Must have the most current version of the following:
- Windows or Apple operating system. This must be the full version of the Operating System.
- Access to high speed internet for course work and communication
- Reliable transportation for travel to/from class and clinical and field internship.
- Must maintain a high degree of professionalism both in and out of the classroom.
- Must maintain a high level of hygiene and grooming.
- Must be able to pass physical exam and meet physical requirements for Paramedic licensure.
- Must be able to read and comprehend at a college level.
Textbook and Supply Requirements:
- Students are responsible for purchasing the current textbooks and additional teaching resources. (Textbooks approx $1100)
- The current textbook list will be emailed out to the class after the application process
We can help with payment plans, loans and scholarships. Check out our funding and scholarship page.
Give us a call to learn more about payment plans and loans.