Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS course completion card for job or other requirements.
This classroom, video-based, Instructor-led course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS for Healthcare Providers skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced course highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac arrest care. ACLS also covers airway management and related pharmacology.
Successful completion of this course requires passing the closed-book written examination with a minimum score of 84% and successfully completing a Megacode skills test as the team leader.
The ACLS provider course recognition period is two years and meets one component of re-licensure as recognized by the State of Missouri.
Class will start promptly. Doors will be locked 5 minutes after class starts. Please plan on arriving 5-10 minutes early.
Please see our policy on cancellations below.
Hardcover or e-Book
- Students have the option to purchase the eBook through us or buying their textbook on their own. Students are responsible for bringing a current edition of the AHA ACLS Provider Manual to class in order to be eligible to receive an AHA ACLS Provider Certification Card.
- The required textbook is AHA ACLS Provider Manual – SKU: 15-1005
- Textbooks are available through a variety of sources including:
- Students are responsible for bringing a current edition of the AHA ACLS Provider Manual to class in order to be eligible to receive an AHA ACLS Provider Certification Card.
- AHA ACLS e-Book – SKU: 15-3100
Prerequisites for ACLS Course
- A completed course registration form, payment and a current AHA BLS for Healthcare Provider card.
- Self Assessment Pre-Test. You must score an 84% or greater on this. The website and access code will be located in your textbook. To prepare for the course the self-assessment modules must be completed on the AHA Student Website to identify any gaps in your knowledge. Complete and PRINT YOUR SCORES for the Self-Assessment and bring to first day of class. If you fail to score 84% or fail to bring this with you to the first day of class, you wil not be allowed to take the course. No refunds will be given.
2020 Training Schedule – Course Fee $250
March 23 & 24 – 9 am – 5 pm. Register Here and order your book
Call 636-387-6200 for additional questions.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.