AHA BLS Instructor
The BLS Instructor Course is a program designed to prepare the American Heart Association (AHA) instructors to disseminate the science, skills, and philosophy of resuscitation programs to participants enrolled in AHA courses. Upon successful completion of this course, Instructors will be able to teach all AHA Basic Life Support courses including BLS CPR, Heartsaver CPR/AED, Family & Friends CPR, CPR in Schools, First Aid, & Pediatric First Aid.
The class will start at 9:00 am. Doors will be locked at 9:05 am. Please plan on arriving 5-10 minutes early.
Please see our policy on cancellations below.
Prerequisites for BLS Instructor Course
- Current valid AHA Healthcare Provider CPR card (If you don’t have this, take your course here)
- The AHA Instructor Essentials Course for BLS course completion certificate
- Purchase and complete the BLS Instructor Essentials course here: AHA BLS Instructor Essentials
- Completed Instructor Candidate Application
- Download and have this form completed: Instructor Candidate Application
These prerequisites MUST be completed before the start of class and uploaded to this portal: AHA BLS Instructor Registration Portal
Course Fee $350 (books not included)
- Opportunity to complete your monitored class after completion of the Instructor Course
10 Days Before Class Starts
- Enroll, complete, and print the certificate for the AHA BLS Instructor Essentials course.
- Upload your prerequisites to the AHA BLS Instructor Registration Portal
To Successfully Complete your Instructor Status:
Students must successfully complete the classroom portion of the course AND be monitored while teaching a CPR class before an Instructor card will be issued. This monitored course must be completed within 6 months.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Respond Right EMS Academy will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for physically challenged attendees who require special services. A written description of needs must be submitted when registering for the course.
All refunds are subject to a 5% refund fee. 5% will be deducted from all refunds.
Cancellation Fee:This class is NON-REFUNDABLE if cancelled within 10 days of scheduled class. $25 fee will be charged if you reschedule. No rescheduling is allowed within 24 hours of the class.
If you cancel or reschedule within 24 hours of scheduled class, there are no refunds.
Respond Right EMS Academy reserves the right to cancel any course if enrollment does not meet minimum registration requirements.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
If these dates do not meet your needs, or you need to arrange a special class date please contact us. We are able to schedule a personalized class for a group of 6 or more of your group.
All course times meet from 9 am – 5 pm