Thursday July 25, 2013 – Thursday July 25, 2013
The BLS Instructor Renewal program is designed to provide the BLS Instructor with instructor updates and the opportunity to complete required re-certification criteria such as demonstrating provider skills, passing the provider written examination, and successfully evaluating other students.
Prerequisites for BLS Instructor Renewal Course
- A CURRENT AHA BLS Instructor Card
- Earn 4 credits by doing any combination of the following:
- Teach a minimum of 4 classroom provider courses in 2 years for which the instructor is renewing
- Conduct skills practice and testing sessions for eLearning courses.
- Each day of skills practice and testing sessions counts as 1 of the required 4 courses; all 4 credits can be earned this way.
- Attend updates as required within the previous 2 years.
- Be monitored while teaching before instructor status expiration. The first monitoring after the initial instructor course does not satisfy this requirement. You must provide your completed Instructor Monitoring Form with registration.
A $25 fee will be charged for all refunds. A refund will not be available if cancellation occurs within five (5) days of the program. After registered, a transfer fee of $25 applies to any course date changes. The Academy reserves the right to cancel any course if enrollment does not meet minimum registration requirements.
American Disabilities Act
Respond Right® EMS Academy will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for physically challenged attendees who require special services. Please attach a written description of needs to the application when registering for the course.