Donna Weiss, AAS,FF / EMT-P, Respond Right EMS Academy
There are several things to consider when investing in your EMT and Paramedic education program. Here are some of the most common questions to ask and things to think about when visiting a school:
- Student to Instructor ratio. Respond Right EMS Academy enjoys a 7:1 student to instructor ratio or less for all EMS and AHA classes.
- Equipment – is it adequate and up to date? Is it cared for and always functioning properly? RESPOND RIGHT EMS ACADEMY maintains all of it’s equipment and attempts to provide the most up to date models, styles and versions available. When a piece of equipment is broke our not functioning, it is taken out of service and immediately replaced. Replacements e always on hand.
- Facilities – are they clean, neat and meet the needs of the program? Are they large enough? Take a look at our pictures recently posted. We are very humbly proud of our Academy and keep our facilities as pictured.
- Books/resources – are they in the current publishing year? Do they have compatible on line resources for both students and Instructors? RESPOND RIGHT EMS ACADEMY uses the most current edition available with fantastic on line companion resources.
- Schedule – Are you disciplined enough to do independent learning or do you perform better with more instruction. RESPOND RIGHT EMS ACADEMY has spent years finding the winning combination between independent study and structured class learning.
- Price – Is the price reflective of the services offered? Are you attending a public or private Academy? RESPOND RIGHT EMS ACADEMY is always evaluating industry standards and offerings.
RESPOND RIGHT EMS ACADEMY is NOT the most expensive program in the St. Louis and St. Charles area. While we never want to be known as the cheapest school in town, we remain competitive, within a couple hundred of dollars of most other Nationally Accredited Paramedic Programs.
Education is no different than any other service related industry. Do your due diligence! Interview all the schools you are interested in and ask the tough questions. Evaluate your findings and remember the saying, “you get what you pay for.” Paramedic school is a career investment, spend your hard earned income wisely!
For information about the EMS programs offered at RESPOND RIGHT EMS ACADEMY call 314-713-1645.